To all of my valued readers,
I wish you a Happy New Year! Every one of you is appreciated and I hope all good things for you this year. Thank you for following along my writing journey.
Here’s a toast to 2019!
I start thinking about my next year’s commitments in November, so by the time January comes around I hope I’m really able to commit. I usually pile on too many goals, so this year I’m trying to keep it simple (KIS).
My writer-ly goals for 2019:
- Finish editing my current WIP (work in progress) and submit it to publishers.
- Revisit the YA novel I almost finished the first draft of a few years ago, before life derailed in 2016. I think I’m ready.
- Depending on what I do with the YA novel above, I can start outlining the middle grade series idea I have. (That means I do either 2 OR 3.)
- Finish developing the workshop and launch it in February. (Details coming soon.)
- Establish my YA Book Club.
- Attend the CANSCAIP conference in Saskatchewan in May.
I think that’s a good list that feels do-able. I will revisit this post at the end of 2019 to see how I did.
Do you set resolutions? What do you see for yourself in 2019?